Thursday, January 9, 2014

To be |adventurous| brave| creative|

Do you know that amazing feeling you get when your day has started off exceptionally bad; then suddenly, something makes you smile or someone makes you laugh. And your day rotates. And there's that amazing feeling? 

That is what the New Year has been like for me. 
From the last day of 2013 to the third day of 2014, my days were tiring and average. It felt like 2014's only purpose was to remind me of every thing I've ever done and regretted or not done and regretted. 

Then something made me smile. And someone made me laugh. 

The first picture of 2014. Two of my sisters and a dear friend. It was a happy photographed moment. 

I know this year has the potential to get better and to get worse. But for now, as I write, I like to think Better will be more pronounced. And if circumstances do not allow this to be, I intend to make the Better of Everything. 
I want to be the happiest I can be, the most hopeful, the least doubtful. 



The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. 
So much adventure and happiness. It tugged at the strings of my heart. It was one of those films that inspired me the way Stand By Me and August Rush always do.

I write short stories, but have always felt like there won't be much I can do with them. They'll stay saved on my laptop as "Short 001" and up, for my eyes only.
When Walter Mitty credits rolled and "Based on the short story by James Thurber" came up, my heart fluttered.
Perhaps I can do something noteworthy and mentionable enough one day. I'm not interested in the fame (which would undoubtedly come) but to bring a story to the surface, to let it see the light of day. 
Can you imagine how incredible that would be? 

So I think, with what I now hold in the palm of my hand, I shall be adventurous. Brave. Creative.

1 comment:

Emma Ventura said...

I love this post! I love your blog's new look! I love YOU! I LOVE EVERYTHING! ^_^